Monday, July 26, 2010

The Heat goes on...




which means it's still sunny and hot and I'm still standing and venting that kiln...crazy me...the peas came up but they are not ready to eat yet, the squash beetles won and I pulled out all my squash and zucchini plants in hopes of a fall veggies and I'm busily working on building my wholesale accounts!


In the kitchen I've been using all those beautiful eggplants and making Babba Ghanous. It's really tasty you should try it if you have some fresh eggplant!
Babba Ghanous
I eggplant 2 tbs Tahini 1/4 cup lemon juice 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/3 cup olive oil salt to taste liquid smoke 2 drops
Pierce eggplant with a fork and microwave for about 4 minutes...cool...cut in half and remove inside of eggplant....puree until smooth and creamy.
Before serving drizzle with olive oil and add olives.
This weeks photo is the bowl I made last week...I started a blue one today...

1 comment:

  1. You spelled Baba Ganoush wrong! you forgot the h! The bowl looks great though!

    ReplyDelete